When it comes to casting or mirroring from your mobile device there are a few options.
If you are using Kayla's Dynamic High Intensity, Kelsey's Redefine Fitness: Strength & Mindfulness, Energising HIIT with Fluer or Elite Conditioning with Cass, you will have the ability to use the Casting or Airplay feature. Simply start your workout and select the icon from the top right of the screen to connect.
For iPhone users 👇
Mirror your iPhone/iPad
If you have an Apple TV and would like to access all Sweat programs, you will be able to select 'Screen Mirroring’ in your Apple Control Centre. To be able to do this simply follow our steps below.
- Turn on Apple TV and connect to WiFi
- Connect iPhone to the same WiFi
- Swipe down on iPhone device to show Control Centre
- Select ’Screen Mirroring’
- Select Apple TV you wish to connect to
- Enter the code provided, iPhone screen then mirror your TV
This will show as a vertical image for all programs except for the following:
- Pilates with Sara
- Barre with Britany
- High Intensity Barre with Britany
- Yoga with Ania
- Yoga with Phyllicia
- Dynamic High Intensity with Kayla
- Redefine Fitness with Kelsey
- Energising HIIT with Fleur
- Elite Conditioning with Cass
These will show as horizontal on your TV screen.
Please note: the Sweat Apple TV app is no longer available for use, this is so that we can focus our efforts on making the mobile Sweat app an even better experience with more content, more features and more integrations.
iPhone to Chromecast:
You will be able to use ‘screen mirroring’ to cast Sweat onto your TV from a mobile device, tablet or computer.
Sweat does not have a direct feature allowing you to cast like Youtube or Netflix however, you can mirror your iPhone using Chromecast TV by using a third-party app. The Chromecast Mirror app lets you mirror your iPhone's screen to any Chromecast device on the same Wi-Fi network.
To mirror your mobile device you will need to first set up your mobile to the Chromecast device.
- In your iPhone's App Store, download and launch the Chromecast Mirror app of your choice
- Give Chromecast Mirror permission to find and connect to devices on your local network. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- You should see the name of your Google Chromecast (or multiple Chromecasts, if you have more than one it may be a good idea to name them so you can tell the difference)
- Tap 'Connect to the Chromecast' (may also say 'Start Broadcast')
- Once you've connected, you should be able to close the app and use your iPhone normally, with its screen mirrored to your TV.
The Sweat app has not been designed for all size screens and this may result in some display errors.
For Android users👇
Android to Chromecast:
As mentioned above, Sweat does not have a direct feature allowing you to cast like Youtube or Netflix however, you can cast your Android device using Chromecast TV by using the Google Home app. The Google Home app lets you cast the screen of your phone to any Chromecast device on the same Wi-Fi network.
To cast your mobile device you will need to first set up your mobile to the Chromecast device via the Google Home app.
- Download the Google Home app from your app store
- Set up a Google Home account, you will need to enter an email address
- Select and name your Chromecast device
- Be sure Chromecast device and phone are using the same WiFi
- Tap on your new named Chromecast device and select 'Cast My Screen'
- Once you've connected, you should be able to close the app and use your phone normally, with its screencast to your TV
For more information on using Chromecast, Google has a support article including steps on how to set this up - https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3006709
Amazon FireTV Stick
Amazon FireTV Stick is also a great casting device. Simply follow these few steps below to be able to cast your SWEAT app to your TV, by using the FireTV Stick.
- Set up your FireTV Stick to your TV, making sure to connect to your WiFi network
- Download 'AirScreen' app to your FireTV Stick device
- Once downloaded 'AirScreen' open and locate 'Settings'
- Under 'Device Name' take note of the name of your FireTV Stick (you are also able to edit the name)
- Open your mobile device and connect to the same WiFi network.
- Locate your 'Screen Mirroring' (iOS) or 'Screen Cast' (Android) option - scroll down on the main screen to view.
- Select the FireTV Stick from the devices listed, this will then cast your mobile screen to your TV screen.
If you have a Smart TV with access to a web browser you will be able to access your workouts only by clicking 'Log In' www.sweat.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.