You can work towards your health and fitness goals on the go, with Sweat for Apple Watch!
This feature not only allows you to complete your workout from your watch with no need for your phone, but also provides real time metrics throughout your workout that will help you to push yourself even further!
Metrics will record your:
- Active heart rate (Active BPM)
- Average heart beats per minute (AVG BPM)
- Active Calories (what you have burnt during the session)
- Total Calories (what your body uses without exercise)
- Steps (exclusive to HIIT and LISS)
- Distance (exclusive to HIIT and LISS)
To help you maintain focus throughout your workout, the watch provides haptic (vibration) and audio notifications during your workout to let you know when a section or interval is complete.
Once paired, you should be able to open Sweat on your Apple Watch and get started.
The Sweat programs that are available on Apple Watch are:
- BBG Stronger
- BAM, and
- PWR Post-Pregnancy
FIERCE, BUILD and PWR at Home are to be released on Apple Watch in the future!
Sweat for Apple Watch is only available for WatchOS3 and higher, therefore we recommend that you update to the latest Apple software, when available.
If you are unsure how to pair your Apple Watch to your device, we recommend to take a look at this Apple Support article.
To get started:
- Ensure that you have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled on your paired phone, Apple explain how to do this here. It is best to have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection for optimal performance.
- Once Sweat is open on your watch, select your desired workout and choose 'Start Workout' - you should hear a small beep to start your countdown.
- On your screen you will see your timer, lap number, current exercise, current heart rate (BPM), calories being burnt and a list of all exercises within the section.
- To see an interactive image of your current exercise, slide the screen to the left.
Please note that viewing the interactive image will pause your workout.
- To skip, restart or exit your workout, slide your screen to the right to find the settings overview.
- At the end of the section or interval, you should hear a small beep and a vibration on your wrist to let you know it’s time to move on to the next section or interval.
- Once you have completed your workout from your Apple Watch, simply refresh the Sweat app on your device by force closing and reopening. Doing this should update your weekly goals.
If you are experiencing trouble pairing or receiving information on your Apple Watch, try restarting the Apple Watch AND the paired device you are using.
To do this, please follow the below steps:
1. Restart Apple Watch: To turn off Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the slider appears, then drag the 'Power Off' slider to the right.
To turn Apple Watch back on, hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.
2. Restart the paired iPhone: To turn off iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears, then drag the slider to the right.
To turn iPhone back on, hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
If you can’t turn off Apple Watch or if the problem continues, you may need to force Apple Watch to restart. Do this only if you’re unable to restart your Apple Watch.
3. Force Apple Watch to restart: Hold down the side button and the digital crown at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend to uninstall the Sweat app from your paired iPhone and Apple Watch, and reinstall onto both devices.
Once you have done this, you should be able to pair your watch to your device and get started with Sweat!
If you are experiencing any trouble, please reach out to our Support Team.