You can work towards your health and fitness goals on the go with SWEAT for Apple Watch!
This feature not only allows you to complete your workout from your watch with no need for your phone but also provides real time metrics throughout your workout that will help you to push yourself even further!
Metrics will record your;
- Active heart rate (Active BPM)
- Average heart beats per minute (AVG BPM)
- Active Calories (what you have burnt during the session)
- Total Calories (what your body uses without exercise)
- Steps (exclusive to HIIT & LISS)
- Distance (exclusive to HIIT & LISS)
To help you maintain focus throughout your workout, the watch provides taptic (vibration) and audio notifications during your workout to let you know when a circuit or interval is complete.
The Apple Watch will not only help you to keep track of your workout but gives you the freedom to jump between your phone and watch.
To get started with SWEAT for Apple Watch you will first need to make sure to pair your watch and your device, Apple explain how to do this here >https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204568.
Once paired you should be able to open up SWEAT on your Apple Watch and get started.
Getting started with Apple Watch
SWK for Apple Watch is only available for WatchOS3, therefore we recommend that you update to the latest Apple software when available for you to take advantage of this feature!
If you are unsure about how to pair your Apple Watch with your device, we recommend to check out Apple Support HERE.
- Ensure that you have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled on your paired phone, Apple explain how to do this here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204562. It is best to have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection for optimal performance.
- Once SWK is open on your watch, select your desired workout and ‘Start Workout’ - you should hear a small beep to start your countdown.
- On your screen you will see your timer, lap number, current exercise, current heart rate (BPM), calories being burnt and a list of all exercises within the circuit.
- To see an interactive image of your current exercise, slide the screen to the left. To skip, restart or exit your workout slide your screen to the right for your settings overview.
- At the end of your circuit or interval you should hear a small ‘beep’ and a vibration on your wrist to let you know it’s time to move on to the next circuit or interval.
As you progress through your workout all information should be updated and reflect on your paired device!
If you are experiencing troubles pairing or receiving information on your Apple Watch, we recommend to try restarting the Apple Watch AND the paired device you are using.
To do this please follow the below steps:
Restart Apple Watch: To turn off Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, then drag the Power Off slider to the right. To turn Apple Watch back on, hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Restart the paired iPhone: To turn off iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears, then drag the slider to the right. To turn iPhone back on, hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
If you can’t turn off Apple Watch or if the problem continues, you may need to force Apple Watch to restart. Do this only if you’re unable to restart your Apple Watch.
Force Apple Watch to restart: Hold down the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
Once you have done this, you should be able to pair your watch to your device and get started with SWEAT!