As PWR is a gym-based program, the below equipment will be required to complete the workouts:
- Ab Wheel
- Adjustable Bench
- Back Extension
- Cable/Dual Cable
- Decline Bench
- Dumbbells (2-5kg)
- Kettlebell (4-8kg)
- Lat Pulldown
- Leg Extension
- Leg Press
- Medicine Ball
- Plyometric Box
- Prone Leg Curl
- Seated Leg Curl
- Smith Machine
- Squat Rack
- Resistance Band
- Weight Plate
Kelsey provides adequate rest periods to allow you to easily move between equipment in the gym without taking up any of your workout time!
If I don't have access to the recommended equipment, what can I use instead?
Not all equipment will have an equivalent substitute option, however we have listed some pieces of equipment that can be substituted below:
- Barbell - Dumbbells or a medicine ball can be used instead.
- Fitball - A bosu can be used as an alternative.
- Dumbbells - Two safe, heavy objects that can be gripped comfortably, can be used.
- Bench/ Step - Any flat, stable surface will be suitable, such as a chair, ledge, or sturdy box.
- Kettlebells - Dumbbells or a barbell can be used instead.
- Medicine Ball - A deadball is a suitable alternative.
- Leg Press/ Smith Machine/ Squat Rack - A barbell will be suitable.
- Plyometric Box - Any stable surface such as a step or ledge.
- Prone Leg Curl/ Seated Leg Curl - A fitball will be suitable.
How do I choose a weight that's right for me?
When it comes to selecting a weight for equipment, we always recommend to start small and increase in increments as your strength and confidence improves. Choose a weight that is a 7/10 difficulty (1 being incredibly easy and 10 being extremely challenging).